1) Remove loose debris daily. A standard vacuum cleaner can be used on the fairway.
Only use a vacuum without a beater bar for the rough and bunker carpet. We recommend
sweeping or hosing for heavier debris.
Weekly / Bi-monthly rinse the carpet with a garden hose
2) Cleaning Procedures For Specific Problems
* Embedded soil- Remove with a carpet rake or soft bristle brush, then rinse thoroughly with water from a garden hose.
* Mold / Mildew - Use a 3 to 1 solution of bleach and water.Spray affected area and allow
to soak for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water. If residue
(white film) appears continuing rinsing until residue disappears.
* Crushing - Inherent characteristic of olefin products and cannot be prevented.
Appearance can be improved by regularly sweeping against the grain of the carpet.
3) Periodic Cleaning Procedures
Annually or bi-annually,clean course with hot or cold water extraction. do not use
4) Seasonal Maintenance
Do not cover your course during off season. Covering your course would allow water
to condensate under the cover and could cause overall mold and mildew .
Carpet will not be adversely affected by leaving it uncovered.
by Jane Farrell turf and carpet